Details

05299

Devizes Road Cemetery

Folly Lane

Salisbury

Wiltshire

England

The Devizes Road Cemetery was opened in 1856. There are casualties of the First and Second World Wars Buried in the Cemetery and a "Memorial Stone" was erected after the Second World War in honour of all service war dead buried there. This simple memorial is situated just inside the main entrance of the Devizes Road Cemetery, opposite the Cemetery Chapel. The traditional small Cemetery Chapel is still used today for burial services of re-opened graves in the cemetery. It also has a small organ and is equipped with hymn books and a simple Funeral Service Book. The Chapel can seat approximately 20 people. The last new grave was dug in 2001, although there have been re-openings of existing graves where one partner has been buried. The last full burial took place in the Devizes Road Cemetery in September 2001; it is now full except for cremated remains plots.

Location

Status

Stage
greenmousey72 on 26th May 2020 14:35 Added
greenmousey72 on 26th May 2020 14:35 Photos Volunteered
Not yet Partially Completed
Not yet Completed