Details

05239

St Leonard

High Street

Bulford

Wiltshire

England

St Leonard's Church stood on this site by the early 12th Century and probably belonged to Amesbury Abbey. It was certainly confirmed as belonging to Amesbury Priory in 1179 and the Priors were appointed Chaplains here until the Dissolution. This Church is now part of the Avon River Team. Very Small Churchyard and few headstones are badly weathered, which is very hard to read.

Location

Status

Stage
greenmousey72 on 23rd May 2020 14:44 Added
greenmousey72 on 23rd May 2020 14:44 Photos Volunteered
Not yet Partially Completed
Not yet Completed