The parish church of St Mary, in the west of the village, is from the late 13th century. There is evidence of an earlier building in fragments of 12th-century stonework remounted as a cornice in the south porch, and other fragments elsewhere in the church. In the 14th century the porch was added and the aisles widened; the tower was completed in the 15th. The six bells in the tower were recast in 1876. During restoration by Ewan Christian in 1864, the chancel arch, the nave and parts of the aisle walls were rebuilt, and buttresses were added to the south aisle. Further restoration in 1910 added the organ chamber and choir vestry, and the east wall was rebuilt. Some headstones are badly weathered, which is very hard to read and some headstones is already breaking up.