The Church of England parish church of St Mary, on the High Street, was built in the late 12th or early 13th century and has a 16th-century west tower. During restoration and enlargement in 1855 by T. H. Wyatt, the north porch was added, and the chancel, nave arcades and south aisle rebuilt; fragments of 12th-century work survive in some of the arcade pillars. Wyatt also replaced the nave roof, raising it with a clerestory, which is criticised by Pevsner as having "dwarfed the tower". Three of the six bells were cast in 1619. The building, in flint and limestone ashlar, was recorded as Grade II* listed in 1958. Today the church is part of the Salisbury Plain Benefice and some headstones are badly weathered, which is very hard to read.